Monday, August 30, 2010

13 Things I love about my job.

1. I don't smell like food when I leave. 
2. I get to work with other people who have the same organizational habits (like alphabetizing...)
3. It's a non-profit.  We're not here to take your money.  If you're fine is under $5, we don't care if you pay today or not.
4. It's a 'third place'.  A safe place for people to go that's not home, not work, but, 'third place'. 
5. It's a climate controlled third place.  (the park is not heated or air conditioned.) It's really nice to have somewhere air conditioned you can go hang out in for free, no?
6. It's full of books. Need I say more.
7. The internet connection is really fast.  And I get to use lots of technology.  I like technology...
8. Speaking of technology... we have really great techie guys (ours just happen to be guys) who answer our questions (very pleasantly) and fix our computers.
9. it's quiet.  Generally. 
10. I learn new stuff.  Like, 13 library 2.0 things.  Or bu reading the inside covers of books I'm supposed to be shelving...
11. Kids.  I see lots of cute kids at the library.
12. I see not only kids, but lots of people I know.  And I'm getting to know the library regulars, too...
13. Because I finished my 13 things my library is giving me a gift certificate!  (I'd like the Labelle one.)

and the bonus: Celebrate!  I have been a library employee for a full year.  And I still like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment